News:

OLD MEMBERS LOOKING TO RETURN, JOIN US ON DISCORD!

https://discord.gg/m8PKv7jytq

Main Menu

Shaman 4.0.1 talents, priorities, and gems

Started by Vitandus, Sun, 2010-10-10 : 23:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitandus

4.x build:

Enhancement: http://wowtal.com/#k=WwwMqQdFr.a5o.shaman.3yQiUG
Unsure about the prime glyphs. have to see the numbers before I am sold on them.

Restoration: http://wowtal.com/#k=fnyHoQJ.a5o.shaman.RIcJnp

Vitandus

I've already respecc'd based on numbers tonight:

My new Enhancement build and glyphs. (Alternative Wowhead link)

The breakdown follows:

Level 79 Shaman (5/31/0)

Elemental (5 Points)
QuoteAcuity - Rank 3/3
Increases your critical strike chance with all spells and attacks by 3%.

Concussion - Rank 2/3
Increases the damage done by your Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Thunderstorm, Lava Burst and Shock spells by 4%.
Enhancement (31 Points)
QuoteElemental Weapons - Rank 2/2
Increases the passive bonuses granted by your Flametongue Weapon and Earthliving Weapon abilities by 40%, the damage of your extra attacks from Windfury Weapon by 40%, and the effectiveness of the ongoing benefits of your Unleash Elements ability by 50%.

Focused Strikes - Rank 3/3
Increases the damage dealt by your Primal Strike and Stormstrike abilities by 45%.

Improved Shields - Rank 2/3
Increases the damage done by your Lightning Shield orbs by 10%, increases the amount of mana gained from your Water Shield orbs by 10%, and increases the amount of healing done by your Earth Shield orbs by 10%.

Elemental Devastation - Rank 3/3
When you deal critical damage with a non-periodic spell, increases your chance to get a critical strike with melee attacks by 9% for 10 sec.

Flurry - Rank 3/3
Increases your attack speed by 30% for your next 3 swings after dealing a critical strike.

Ancestral Swiftness - Rank 2/2
Reduces the cast time of your Ghost Wolf spell by 2 sec and increases movement speed by 15%.  This does not stack with other movement speed increasing effects.

Stormstrike - Rank 1/1
Instantly strike an enemy with both weapons, dealing 125% weapon damage and granting you an additional 25% chance to critically strike that enemy with your Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Lightning Shield, and Earth Shock spells for 15 sec.

Static Shock - Rank 3/3
When you use your Primal Strike, Stormstrike, or Lava Lash abilities while having Lightning Shield active, you have a 45% chance to deal damage equal to a Lightning Shield orb without consuming a charge.

Searing Flames - Rank 3/3
Causes the Searing Bolts from your Searing Totem to have a 100% chance to set their targets aflame, dealing damage equal to the Searing Bolt's impact damage over 15 sec. Stacks up to 5 times.

Shamanistic Rage - Rank 1/1
Reduces all damage taken by 30% and causes your skills, totems, and offensive spells to consume no mana for 15 sec.  This spell is usable while stunned.

Unleashed Rage - Rank 2/2
Increases your expertise by 8, and increases all party and raid members' attack power by 10% while within 100 yards of the Shaman.

Maelstrom Weapon - Rank 3/3
When you deal damage with a melee weapon, you have a chance (higher than rank 2) to reduce the cast time and mana cost of your next Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Hex, or any healing spell by 20%. Stacks up to 5 times. Lasts 30 sec.

Improved Lava Lash - Rank 2/2
Increases the damage of your Lava Lash ability by 30%, and by an additional 20% for each of your applications of Searing Flames on the target, consuming those applications in the process.

Feral Spirit - Rank 1/1
Summons two Spirit Wolves under the command of the Shaman, lasting 30 sec.
Restoration (0 Points)
QuoteNone
Glyphs
QuoteGlyph of Windfury Weapon (Prime Glyph)
Increases the chance per swing for Windfury Weapon to trigger by 2%.

Glyph of Lava Lash (Prime Glyph)
Increases the damage dealt by your Lava Lash ability by 20%.

Glyph of Feral Spirit (Prime Glyph)
Your spirit wolves gain an additional 30% of your attack power.

Glyph of Ghost Wolf (Major Glyph)
Your Ghost Wolf form grants an additional 5% movement speed.

Glyph of Lightning Shield (Major Glyph)
Your Lightning Shield can no longer drop below 3 charges from dealing damage to attackers.

Glyph of Shamanistic Rage (Major Glyph)
Activating your Shamanistic Rage ability also cleanses you of all dispellable Magic debuffs.

Glyph of Water Walking (Minor Glyph)
Your Water Walking spell no longer requires a reagent.

Glyph of Renewed Life (Minor Glyph)
Your Reincarnation spell no longer requires a reagent.

Glyph of Water Breathing (Minor Glyph)
Your Water Breathing spell no longer requires a reagent.

Vitandus

Quick reasoning:

Fire Nova is only going to be used in a few fights. I noticed tonight that it does not work with Searing Totem   :'( so the utility of Improved Fire Nova is lost. You'll only be casting it with a Magma Totem (or Flametongue) in trash fights, so those 2 points are better placed elsewhere. I opted to move them into Improved Shields.

Don't pass over Ancestral Swiftness as just PVP. Insta-cast Ghost Wolf is nice, but the speed is even more important. Couple both, and you become a lot more mobile in PVE fights. Ghostcrawler has already said movement will be key in Cataclysm, and we already see it in ICC boss fights.

I swapped out Stormstrike Glyph for Lava Lash. Looking at tonights numbers made it clear that Lava Lash is a much more important now than it was pre-4.0.1. The Major Glyphs offer more selection - I think Lightning Shield is a must have. Ghost Wolf and Shamanistic Rage offer more speed and a debuff dump - not sure what else you may want, save perhaps Hex for faster CC. Totemic Recall may help if you are having mana issues.

Minor - I chose the 3 that offer the opportunity not to carry reagents. I was tempted by the Arctic Wolf, though.