News:

OLD MEMBERS LOOKING TO RETURN, JOIN US ON DISCORD!

https://discord.gg/m8PKv7jytq

Main Menu

Patch 3.1 changes for shamans

Started by Vitandus, Thu, 2009-02-05 : 10:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitandus

* Chain Lightning – now jumps to 4 targets but does less damage. We wanted to make the distinction between Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning more clear.
    * Storm, Earth and Fire – this talent now increases all damage done by Flame Shock, not just periodic damage.
    * Spirit Weapons – now reduces all threat, not just melee threat.
    * Unleashed Rage – reduced to 2 ranks, now also increases your critical strike chance with melee attacks by 1/2%.
    * Totem streamlining: The Mana Spring and Healing Stream Totems have been combined. The Disease Cleansing and Poison Cleansing Totems have been combined.
    * We are also working on giving Enhancement and Elemental more PvP utility.

Feydrex

I am looking forward to those water totem changes.  Some fights have both poison and disease, so those few fights can become slightly less work.  I usually always keep down a mana spring totem, except when the poison or disease totem is needed, so it'll be nice to finally have the benefits of the healing stream totem added onto the mana spring totem.  My healing stream totem heals everyone in the group for about 165 hp every 2 seconds.  That value also raises as spellpower increases.

One Ear

I am looking forward to the HS/MS combination also. HS ticks for about 300 for me raid buffed. And since I rarely am low on mana or even close to it, I have been just dropping HS instead of MS lately.

Vitandus

Updated:

• Bloodlust/Heroism: Cooldown reduced to 5 minutes, but Sated and Exhausted now last 10 minutes.
  • Poison Cleansing Totem and Disease Cleansing Totem have been merged into "Cleansing Totem." Cleansing Totem pulses every 3 sec, down from 5.
Talents
Enhancement
  • Lava Lash now has a new icon.
  • New Talent: Frozen Power: Increases the damage done by your Frostbrand Weapon if it is enchanted on your main-hand weapon by 10/20%, and your Frost Shock has a 50/100% chance to root the target in Ice for 5 sec. when used on targets at or further than 15 yards from you.
  • Spirit Weapons: Now reduces all threat generated by 30%, not just physical attacks.
  • Stormstrike charges have been increased by 2, and cooldown reduced by 2 sec.
  • Improved Stormstrike re-designed: When you Stormstrike, you have a 50/100% chance to immediately grant you 20% of your base mana.
  • Toughness: No longer increases your armor. Instead, this talent now increases your total Stamina by 2/4/6/8/10%.
  • Unleashed Rage - Reduced to 3 points, down from 5. Each point now also increases your total Agility by 1/2/3%.
Elemental
  • New Talent: Booming Echoes- Reduces the cooldown of your Flame Shock and Frost Shock spells by an additional 1/2 sec., and increases the direct damage done by your Flame Shock and Frost Shock spells by an additional 10/20%.
Restoration
  • Ancestral Awakening: This talent now accounts for your ineffective healing, rather than effective.
  • Cleanse Spirit now has a new icon.
  • Riptide: This spell has a new icon.

Tolgark

apparently they've changed what they were gonna do with mana spring, its not being combined with healing stream after all, its just being made largely raid-irrelevant so you can use healing stream instead

QuoteMana Spring Totem: This totem has been redesigned. It now provides the same mana benefit as Blessing of Wisdom to the entire party or raid, but is exclusive with that effect.

wildcard

Unless there's no Pally around. :)
Play like ya got a pair.

Tolgark

HDL + Raid - Paladins = .....*ERROR* *DOES NOT COMPUTE*

xecution

they are making thunderstorm usable while stunned as well, and the healing stream talent bonus is going to be 45% total as opposed to the original 25% bonus for both totems and the mana totem is being dropped to 20% (same talent).

biggest thing with the bloodlust is that it will make groups progress faster and the need of shamans in the group decreases. (from 2 to 1). will allow wiping raids to bloodlust sooner than usual.